Well my new blog friend at Life with Kaishon gave me some interview questions so that my new followers can get to know me better. I must admit they were pretty tough, but her they go.
1. How old do you wish you were and why?
Well that is a good question. I wish I was about 2 years older, so that would make me 32. I am in dire need for someone to talk to me. That someone would be my little girl. She makes so much noise now, I am dying to hear just how much she will talk to me when she starts with complete words and sentences. I am looking forward to finding out what she will learn going to the Mothers Day Out program at our church and what she thinks about Mommy and Daddy. Can't wait until I hear those famous three worlds "I love you". As much as I want her to grow up, I treasure the fact that I get to hold her, put her to sleep, pick out what she wears without a fuss and spend everyday with her. I will definitely miss the little things, but I would love to see what she'll be like when she's a little older and can better interact with us.
2. Which childhood birthday gift do you recall the most?
I really can't remember my birthday gifts at all, but if I am not mistaken, I got a pair of roller skates when I was about 3 for my birthday. My dad got them for me. They were Strawberry Shortcake Skates. They had red wheels and red ribbons with her image on the side. That was the first time I ever put on skate and it took me all of about 10 minute and 4 falls to get it right. I believe that my worst fall was when I was trying to do down a flight of stars with them. What else would you expect from a 3 year old brain. Talking to my mom, she said that she warned me not to do it, but me, being as strong-willed as I was, decided to do it anyway. I still remember those skates like it was yesterday.
3. What would you do differently if you could start your 20's over?
I would wait a little longer before I got married and finished college. I got married at 19 which was very young and I was in my 1st full year of college. Once I got married, I dropped out because we needed income to support us. I know some people get married young, but I believe that it is well worth waiting until you have everything in order. I would have liked to go off to school and got a chance to experience the world, but I stayed behind because my husband was here. I was a little blind to the way that life functions and I thought things were going to go my way because I said it would. Honestly, I love my husband dearly and I would not give even the bad years that we had back because they were a learning experience, but I know that I was not mature enough to handle the responsibility of marriage. I am thankful to God that we did not have children right away, although we tried, but God had a better plan and I am so happy with His decision.
4. What 5 words would your best friend use to describe you?
He would say I am funny, loving, giving, God fearing, yet bossy! I know, all those good things but I love for things to go my way. I am not bossy with everyone just him (hubby)! However, I am working on it, yet I still have a long way to go.
5. What do you see as your greatest achievement?
I would have to say having my daughter natural. This was not something I planned on doing. I went in looking for drugs and requesting them every 30 seconds, but things moved a little too quickly. I only cried when I saw my family come into the room and saw the look of worry on their faces, but when it was time for action, I was all in. I did not do any screaming or cussing. No fighting or saying ugly words to the hubby. However, I could not make up my mind about whether or not I wanted anyone touching me to comfort me during the contractions. After it was all said and done I was relieved. Now I say that I want to have all of my children natural, but then again, that is because I am not pregnant and having contractions.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years and what are you doing to achieve this?
This is a tough one, but in 10 years, I plan on being a stay at home mom with two or three children. I would also like to be a self-employed medical transcriptionist. I have been looking at medical transcription for a while after my therapist thought it would be a good job for me because I love the computer and typing so much. I am waiting until my little one is in the Mother's Day Out program at my church in 2 years and then I plan on going back to school for the courses I cannot take online. I have done some research and found out that I can do most of my classes online which will give me a head start before I physically have to go back to school. I am hoping to do that either the Fall of this year or the Spring of next, but no later than that. I just have to wait until the money is right because it is a few thousand to complete the course.
Well that is it for all of my questions, I had a hard, but fun time answering them. I hope this give blogger friends some insight on me. If any one else have any more questions feel free to ask them, I am an open book and I love to tell my story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Tess,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading more about you. Those were great answers.