I am so proud of me, I survived grandparents weekend. I did not pitch a fit, have a break down or send anyone packing. It was not that long so I was able to deal with it. I knew going into it a couple of hours would be my max. So I discussed it with my husband to inform both grandparents that I did not mind the coming out, but I could not deal with visitors all day. It worked out well. They understood, they got to visit and all went well. So, I am all good. Maybe next time I will be feeling up to it and we can have them visit a little longer, but right now a couple of hours will have to work.
So thank you grandmothers for coming out to see the sick Madison this weekend and for understanding that when dealing with a bipolar mother some days will be better than others. Some days the visits will be quick and some time they will be longer. I thank you both for understanding that I am human and you did not expect much out of me this weekend, but you still showed up with bells on and you both left with smile on your faces. I can't ask for much more than that. Here to next time..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Now those are great grandparent.
ReplyDelete*Hug*
ReplyDeleteT.