So this is what I looked like about 6 years ago! I was in my 20's and everything was going really well, or at least I thought. I found out around 22 or 23 I had Bipolar Disorder and things went down hill from there.
So I joined Weight Watcher to get the weight off. Well each week I would weigh in, and I would gain about 1lb maybe even 3lb for the week. At the end off the month I realized that I had gained 20lbs for the month. I never thought it was the meds, just thought that I was not doing the plan right or I was not putting my best foot forward when it came down to working out. I mean I was giving it my all but nothing change. So month 2 came and went and about another 20-25lb was added and that when I started questioning my meds. Yes, I was eating my normal amount of food, but I had not increased it at all. The same diet I was on when I started the pills was the same diet I was on when I gain all the weight. So when I called my doc to find out more on the pills he explains to me that they do cause major weight gain but they are good meds for bipolar.
Ok so I am about 175lb now and I am losing my mind. In two months my whole body was changed forever. I felt like there was nothing I could do. But then I thought, why don't I just stop taking the drugs and find a new solution so my problem. So we found another drug, Geodon and it worked almost as well, but there was some weight gain with it to, just not as much! I thought problem solved. Now my next step was how do I get all this weight off.
Well 2 years I tried half heartily to give it my all. Then a couple of years I just said this is the way life just has to be and I did nothing at all, but I gain more weight. Finally, I thought I would give it one more try and I lost 13lbs, but that didn't help because going into the next year 2008, I started to get tired and I stopped again.
Later I found out I was 5 months pregnant, so there went that. I gain about 15lbs with baby and I lost a few pounds after birth, but I have gained more with the birth control pills. Lord will this ever end. I have leveled off and I am back at it again, so we will see what this year holds. Wish me luck, I sure need it.



I can certainly understand where you're coming from with the weight & prescription drug thing. And I do Pilates & walk, but I won't gain anything nor will I lose an ounce. My doctor shakes his head because all the blood chemistries are fine & so is all else, and the fat is content to hang on in there !
ReplyDeleteBut I refuse to give up my Zyrtec for ANYBODY, & my Rhinocort is a must as long as allergens exist affecting me. And just for note,the majority of my weight gain happened after I started taking the pill after Reather.
Love ya !
T.