Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me Monday.....Las Vegas Trip.


Time to release some pent up stress and tell you all what I did not do this past week and weekend while hubs prepared and went to Las Vegas.


I did not go all week pretending to be happy that hubs was going on a trip to Vegas while I stay at home. Because I was cool with that arrangement and I am happy anytime we experience new things. I did not pretend, because I was so happy that he got to go and stay in the hotel that I only dreamed of staying in when I saw it on television.

I did not pick a fight the day before he left and told him that I would be ok if his plane crashed. I would be that mean to say such a thing like that, because I know better and even thinking something like that could happen would send me to depress land for the whole weekend.

I did not have an attitude when Dear Husband called Friday night to tell me that he had just come back from an fancy dinner with his co-workers and how good it was. I would not be mad, because I have been on a diet and eating McDonalds for dinner was a treat. The nerve of that man.

I did not have mom and grandmom come out to be with me because I did want to be at home all day alone with nothing to do. I did not have a blast just hang out with them that I forgot that DH was no where around, not even in the same state. Funny, I was not just mad about 12 hours before about him leaving and the fancy dinner.

I did not get so much stuff done while he was gone that it was not even funny. I clean the house, washed the clothes and had pictures made of 4 generations and a 5 3/4 month old all in the course of two days. You would think that a lot seeming to the fact that I can hardly keep the house clean on any given day.

I was not happy when hubs called and said he was on his way home from his trip. I did not tell him that he had to take me out to dinner so we could talk about it. I was not highly ticked when he said he wanted to eat something light. No I would not be mad because he has been eating great foods, while I have been stuck home eating fast food. That would not be me, because I busted my diet all weekend, it was time to get back on track.

He did not come home only to find that his daughter would not let him put her to bed. She was not mad that he was gone all this time and then the one thing he want to do when she wanted to sleep was clean her dirty nose. She did not cry as long as he was holding her and be quiet once I took her from him. She did not go to sleep the moment I took, rocked and snuggled with her. So funny, I guess she felt mommy's pain too!

So that is what my week looked like, how about you. Head on over to MCKMama and see what others are not doing in the course of a week, I am sure you will have a few laughs.

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I'm glad that your husband is home. How funny it is that your little girl gave him the cold shoulder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard when a spouse is away. He's back now so smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I totally feel your pain. I would have been the SAME EXACT way times 10. I am so mean. You are only a teeny tiny little bit mean : ). I want to go to a nice hotel and relax now too!

    ReplyDelete