Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me Monday...Birthday


Free therapy Monday for me and so it goes something like this.....

I did not just turn 31 over the weekend and then feel like I was 40 years older not 1. I did not work out so hard the day before that my body ached so bad that I new I had reach senior citizen status in just one day.

I did not get 3 birthday dinner bashes and pig out at all of them. I would not do that because as I have stated 100 times, I am on a diet to lose weight and eating 3 fancy dinners will not only derail me, but make me lazy.

I did not get the best piece of chocolate cake from my favorite restaurant Truluck and munch down on it for a few days. I would not get a cake that is a whole days worth of calories and rationalize that if I eat it over the course of 3 days it would not be that much. I would not do that because I am dedicated to losing weight.

I did not wake up this morning thinking I was going to see a huge gain only to find out I set myself back a couple of pounds. I did not kick myself in the bottom for that gain, knowing that I have to be down 8lbs buy next week. No it was not the cake!

I did not decide to punish myself for the gain by walk/jog an extra mile while on the treadmill. I would not do that because a couple of miles is good enough and the treadmill is not my best friend.

So tell me how your week went and the things you did not do. Head on over to MCKMama and while you are there say I prayer for her little one Stellan that is in the hospital right now.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! And 31 ain't so bad... I'm rounding the curve and on my way to 40... ugh! But as I've been told for years, you're only as old as you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had an amazing one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you, Tess! I'm so impressed that you were able to make that piece of cake last three days. It would have been g-o-n-e in our house before it ever hit the fridge!

    ReplyDelete