Tuesday, February 17, 2009

M's 5th Month Birthday Post

A few days ago you turned 5 months old and I was so excited that it fell on a special day, a day of love. Your MeMaw bought you this very cute outfit for you to wear on this special occasion and you were more than happy to wear it. This day was very special because it was the first time we shared our love day with you! You are doing some funny thing now and this picture is one of them....

I call it the stink face. You are doing it more and more each day. Not sure where you got it from, but it seem normal to babies and you were no different. I love it when you do it because you make me smile. You don't do it on command only when it feels right to you. So, I don't get to get it often, but when I do I am glad. However you do another face that I manage to catch on camera....

I call this one the "Sure if you say so face". It is funny how your little personality shines at such a young age. I just love that you keep us on our toes. You bring a great deal of joy to us and we are glad that you are around to show us a new spin on life. Another thing you are doing now is....

sitting up on your own. You still need mommy there when you have balance checks, but for the most part you have it down pack with the support of your little hands. I love it that you try so hard to get it just right, but you usually tip over when you try to reach for things in front of you. So when we are practicing I keep all toys at bay.


Another thing you do, but I don't have a picture for is you are now rolling over when I place you on your tummy for tummy time. You have always hated being on your tummy unless you were asleep, so now you have figured out a way to beat the system. You crack me up! You are so smart, already.

Finally, you stayed at a hotel for the very first time. You love the big bed and the soft pillows that you kept throwing yourself back on.

We even got a picture of you next to the faux cow print that was on the walls. It was totally retro space. It was kind of small, but it was large in your eyes, you just kept looking around at all the bright colors.

You were so happy on your/our special day. We were so happy to share it with you. We look to share many more special time with you. Remember little girl this is only the beginning over a very loving time with your mommy and daddy.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, she is getting so big. That is so cute. Good for her sitting up already. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too adorable. Her and Addy would have a good time together making faces... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss M is so cute and precious! I love her in her little crib and the one in the pillows. She is very expressive! I know what you mean, the little faces they make just make you smile! I can tell she is very loved!

    ReplyDelete