Ok, so Madison has been sick for about three weeks now and each week it is something different. It started when hubs went out of town back on Oct 23rd. That night Madison was begging for my lemonade and normally the only thing she get with acid in it is 50 cal orange juice mixed with water, but this day I wanted to see her reaction to the sweet, yet tarty taste of my drink.
Well the next morning she woke up with red bumps on her face. I was thinking to myself, "No more lemonade for you my friend", and we went about the day, hanging with Memaw (my mom) and doing girl things like shopping and eating. Well Madison seem fine for the rest of the day. She went about her normal, playing, snacking and being a little hoot for everyone she came in contact with.
Then it all hit the fan when she woke up Sunday morning at 5:00 am. Not normal, not normal at all. When I went into check on her, her whole body was covered in the rash that started out of her face. So of course when daddy comes home from his trip, its off to the ER, because my little girl NEVER wants to be still for long periods of time. All I am thinking in my head is "Please don't let this be some type of new sign for the Swine Flu".
We get there, get rushed back because she is a baby and then get hit with the news: Virus, Double Ear infection and Massive Sore Throat. Best news given "You just have to ride this thing out, and eventually the rash will clear up too". What are you kidding me, we get nothing for $50 bucks, oh yea a "Thank you" and "Follow up with her pediatrician".
So Monday we take her to her ped and no ear infection, but a contagious sore throat, was told it was still a virus that had to run its course. Great, now try to explain that to a baby, who wants to be held and made to feel all better. Needless to say, there was no school Tuesday and Wednesday to make sure what she had no other little one got it. Well, 3 days later she was back to being her normal self again, but that darn rash was still on her body, looking as if it was getting worse. Of course as a first time mother, this is not going over very well with me and I call the doc for a call back.
The nurse calls and tell me she could have got an outbreak from one of her shots that she took weeks before. She then goes on to tell me all the signs of what this reaction would be, sick for 3 to 4 days and a rash. So now I am thinking it is the shots, what she fell to tell me was this term that she gave me was another name for the measles. What are you kidding me! So back to the doctor she goes looking like this.....

Red bumps all over her little body. Of course I am freaking out because they were getting worse as the week pasted not better. So we get there and we find out that this is yet again a virus and sunlight, bathing her in baking soda and time will make it all go away. So needless to say we were not going back to the doctor. 3rd times a charm!
So she gets to clearance to go back to school and mommy had to admit she was kind of happy, but of course she missed her little sick rug rat making her life interesting. Well she goes back to for a week and guess what, she gets sick again.
So Monday morning at 2:21am, my girl wake up crying, thinking this is just a normal night and she wanted to get in our bed I thought I would just let her cry it out and fall back to sleep. Well no go, she cried for 2 hours. No I did not let her cry it out the whole time, I went in, gave a pep talk and was back out. Well finally around 4:30, she was down for the count. Thinking this was just a power struggle, I figured she would be sleep at least until nine. Nope, girlfriend got up at 7am and there in lies the problem, she had an upset stomach and had the poops. No picture of that, I promise.
So now is the battle of diaper rash and poop, not a good combination. So " When it Rains it Pours"
Oh dear that rash looks horrible. That is just crazy. I hope that she is better today.
ReplyDeletePoor baby! That rash did look awful! :( Lily had a fever the other night and it went away and I thought we were good, but now she has an upset tummy. Must be something going around everywhere. Between this kind of stuff and swine flu, how's a Mom supposed to keep from having an anxiety attack? LOL!
ReplyDeleteHope Madison is feeling better soon!!!