SO as most of you know I have been on a weight loss journey for a while now and I must say that it is not going so great, hence my title. A couple of months back I was struggling with my mood and having so crazy moments with this life of bipolar. Because I was in this really bad slump I went in to have my meds checked and my doctor put me on a new drug. Now the problem with this drug is it has the the highest percentage of weight gain than all of the other drugs I have been on, including the one that cause me to gain all the weight the first time, which was 60lbs.
Because I was in such a funk I was willing to try anything, but I knew that there was a major chance of me gaining weight, but it was unclear as to how much. Now keep in mind, I wanted to feel better, but I didn't want to hinder my efforts of going to the gym. Well guess what, I gain over 13lb in 3 weeks. Now you might be thinking that it is my eating or lack of going to the gym, nope that's not it because I work out 3 days a week with a group trainer and 2 days with a personal trainer. I also watch what I eat and even have scaled back on snacking, but the drugs causes weight gain regardless. My doctor keeps telling me that it will taper off in about 3 months, but he is out on a 4 week vacation, leaving me to try this med for another month.
Needless to say, I have highly ticked off because he did not tell me he would be gone for a month and I do not want to take these pills anymore, because I am spending a total of $650 plus a month for workouts that are useless. I have to keep going because I am under contract, but I feel like I am just spending my wheels like a hamster, going round and round and getting no where. SO I am HOT, HOT, HOT! What makes me mad was I told my doc that I did not want to stay on these pills if I went over 10lbs and he agreed, but he never told me that he would be out of town for such a long period of time and I can't do nothing about it until he comes back. So I am stuck. There is no guarantee that he will even change them because he can be a total jerk when he want to push something that he think will be better, even if we have tried better methods. So now I am just sitting here, counting down the days until he returns and get me off this crazy crap.
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that the meds did what the needed to do, but I am not willing to do what I did the last time and put on weight because I was afraid to speak up and everybody thought it was better for me. I WILL NOT DO IT! Besides I can't afford to gain 20, 30 or even the 13lbs I have gain, because it is just not healthy. So we are going to have to try other methods. So wish me well and hopefully, I will find something else that will do the trick and I will not have to stay on something that is causing my health to be in the ditch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Good luck Tess with finding one that will be perfect and not make you gain weight. It's hard enough to lose weight to begin with, without having this sabotage your efforts. I hope everything will work out.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya. I hope that you are able to find something that works for you and for your bodies health.
ReplyDeleteSorry that I missed reading this post. I'm praying for you! I know this is rough for you. It's hard because doctor's are sometimes very hard to work with and I totally understand your frustration. I am praying that things get better for you!
ReplyDelete