Friday, March 19, 2010

This Lil Miss

Is the love of my life......

So much has been going on with her. Last Friday, I took her to her Well Visit and found out that she was not doing to good on her charts (height and weight). The thing is she only weighs a little more than 18lb and with her height she is only in the 3% range. That means she is not even on the chart. To make chart she has to be at least in the 10%.

So I got dirty looks from Lil Miss doctor because this was far from where she needed to be. Not my fault lady, even if it does not look like it she does eat, often she just does not eat that much. Not by my choice, I would love her her appetite to pick up, but it just haven't.

Anyway, she referred me to a specialist to get Lil Miss stomach looked at and there is a problem but right now we are not totally sure what it is. So today she had to be put to sleep and have blood drawn and a scope done. I must admit that this was very hard for me and even harder for her. Two Fridays in a row have been packed with sticks.

I never want to go through that again. So far she is doing really well. She is back to her normal self and she is running around getting into things, so I THANK GOD for protecting her and letting her get back to normal so quickly. I knew she was better when she started asking to eat, and eat and eat. We will get an update on Wednesday of next week as to if she has to go on a special diet or if there is some medication she must take. Whatever it takes I am game for it as long as she picks up some weight.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no.....poor Lil Miss. I know that must have been so hard for you to see them do that to her. I hope they find out what it is and that's it's something that can easily be fixed. I will pray for her (and for you too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she is ok.

    Boyd was only 18 pounds at over a year old. He just doesn't eat much, and is VERY active.

    I pray that Miss M is totally fine. I know it's so hard on the parents.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that all is an easy fix for Lil Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that. She sure is a little beauty! I had somewhat of the same issue with my little guy when it came to his percentiles. He's always in the lower range. They sent us to a specialist, but everything was ok. I hope everything goes well with sweet Lil Miss. She's so precious!

    ReplyDelete