Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Me Monday - My Long Weekend


So, ok, I am almost to tired to even do this post, but I will do it anyway. I am not sure if anyone else is doing it, but it's fun so I'll keep it going. Here we go..


I did not have the craziest week ever only to have it followed by a long weekend.

This busy weekend did not start of Friday when hubs got off early and we decided that we would fight the Friday night crowd and get something to eat. Who knew that no one was thinking about cooking Friday around 5 o'clock.

We did not stay up until 3 am that same night playing on the computer and video game, knowing that we would have to get up early the next morning and get some shopping done.
We did not get up, on time Saturday to beat the rush at The Original Pancake House, that the we were able to be seated when we first got there. If you know this place, that never happens on a Saturday morning, unless you get there EARLY.

Afterwards, we did not have to do 4 hours worth of ripping and running, getting things ready for my families annual Memorial Day Picnic. Man was I tired. Who would have guess that going to bed at 3, getting up early would make one tired family.

We did not go to bed even later on Saturday, once again, playing on the computer (blogging), only to wake up again early. I mean, you think we would have learned our lesson, but we didn't, and guess who woke up at 6:30am. Thank goodness for daddy. But I must say, we got enough post to last us for the rest of the week, almost two.

We did not go to the family picnic and have a blast with all my crazy kin folks. Pictures to come later, once hubs finish doctoring them up in Photoshop.

We did not get their at 3 pm (man how we love the number 3) only to have it rain on us two hours later and we had to pack everything up. What a bummer, but wait.....

We did not put everything in the car only for the rain to slack up and stop, while we sat and waited it out, keeping us there for 2 more hours. On a side note, we knew it was going to rain, it has happen to us every year for the past 10 years.

We did not come home, tired and hungry only to realize that our little girl did not want to go to sleep. Of course a nap at 7 pm will warrant us a 12:30 - 1 am bedtime at all cost. I did not stay up trying to stomp with the big dogs knowing that I had to get up and meet my trainer at 6:30 am.

I did not get to the gym 4 1/2 hours after going to sleep only to find that my trainer was late. I was not royally upset, because in 3 more minutes I was going to take my sleepy self home. He did not come in there with a tall cup of my favorite coffee, for him of course, ready to kick my butt.
P.S. I did not flake on my cardio and sneak out when he went to the restroom, because I could not keep my eyes open any longer and I bumped my head on the bike handle bars.

I did not call him and tell him something came up that was important and that I had to leave 15 minutes into my 30 cardio. Yes, sleep is that important. I know, bad Tess, but like he said "No problem, we will just add it to your 30 minutes on Friday and you can just do 45 minutes of cardio". I was not excited that he was not ticked, that I just bailed on him like that. Oh well it was worth it.
I did not come home, and skip my shower and hop straight in the bed. I honestly never do that, so please for give me this once, I could not take it any longer.
So that is how my weekend went, please share and let me in on yours.

2 comments:

  1. Girl...i hope you get some much needed rest this week. Bumping your head because you were so tired. lOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! Hope that nap was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete