Monday, April 6, 2009

Not Me Monday.... Allergies Strikes Again

Ok, so MckMama is still in the hospital with her baby, so keep those prayers coming! Even though this is not going on, I still would like to let you know what I have not done this week. And away I go......

I did not enjoy my day last Wednesday when I had lunch with hubs out side. This lunch was so wonderful that I did not have an allergy attack that caused me lots of pain that evening because it was windy and the pollen count was high.

I did not wake up Thursday so sick that I needed immediate attention to get unclogged, nose that is. I did not make an appointment with Primacare so that I could get this taken care of quickly.

I was not highly tick off with Primacare because I called them at 8:40am, they told me to be there at 11:40am, but I was not seen until 1:30 pm. I was not mad because I could not breath, had a restless baby who was also sick and they told me because a woman was older (elderly) she needed to be seen first because her husband was tired of waiting in the car. What, are you kidding me. Guess not, so I waited.

I was totally not ticked off when they called me back, rushed through my symptoms, gave me two options, neither of them I liked and then left. Reason behind the rushed treatment, it does not seem so bad.

I did not get all the medication and pay a crap load of money, only to feel just as bad as I did when I went. I did not have a sweet mother-n-law who was willing to make a 45 minute drive to bring me something I knew would help. She rocks!

I am not battling this thing full fledged with the hopes that I will be better by Easter weekend. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to being outside for long periods of time anytime soon.

So that is what my week looked like, tell me does that compare to yours.

2 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Allergies are kicking my butt right now, too, though not your extent. I hope you get some relief soon.
    This weekend we are headed to the middle of nowhere, smack dab in the middle of cedar trees and bluebonnets to visit my inlaws. I am not looking forward to the watery eyes and sneezing my head off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! Allergies are awful. They make you so sick, and no one seems to think they are that serious. I hope you get better soon!!!

    I had to take Boyd to the doctor last week. It was ok, except we waited forever in the room, he was very restless, and I have this germ fear about him touching anything at the doctor's office!

    I hope your week gets better! :))

    ReplyDelete