Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Did It!!

Well today was my doctor's appointment to check and see if I needed medication to regulate my insulin to help me lose weight. I am happy to report I do not. The goal was to lose at least 1lb a week for a total of 4lb by the time I went in for my check up. Well I got there this morning thinking medication here I come and guess what? Not only did I lose 4lbs, I lost 8lbs. That is 2lbs a week. I am so happy. The crazy part is I did it only with changing what I ate. Now just think of how much I would have lost if I would have made myself work out. Well, that is what I am going to start doing next week. I do not want this good thing to go south on me. I take enough drugs, with bipolar and allergies, trust me I do not want anything else.

Speaking of allergies, I got some new meds that should help. I found out not only do I have a flare up, I have signs of a common cold. That's just great. I think I may have gotten it from my little rug rat, who is also feeling the bug. Lets just pray daddy does not get sick, because when he is sick the whole house suffers. He is such a baby. It is funny, because he hardly ever gets anything, so when he do I don't mind being the care giver. In any given case, I really hope that this nose spray and z-pack really helps me out because not being able to breath out of your nose is killer. No sleep for the weak!

Finally, our little one should be crawling any day soon. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks a little bit before crashing to the floor. I have video but I am not sure how to put it on her, so I will have hubs update it for me on his blog and I will post the link so you can see it. Plus he also has a clip of her very funny laugh that will make you smile. If he has time today, I just may even get him to show me how to add it to my blog and you can share in the joys of Madison. Until then be blessed.

Tess

6 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight loss that is great and so encouraging for you.
    We know about allergies over here...they are a pain.
    Can't wait to see Madison crawling. What fun!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to post the video. I'd love to see it.

    That is wonderful about your weight loss! Go girl!! You are doing great!

    I know what you mean, my hubby is a big baby when he is sick. The mood of our house is awful when he is not feeling well! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl! that is great that you lost 8 lbs. Stick to it because diabetes is nothing to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the weight loss!
    I am on medication for my Type 2 diabetes. It is giving me all sorts of fits. I wish I would have tried harder to stay off the meds. They stink. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. And guess what!? Your birthday weekend was included in those 4 weeks. That could have been another pound that you could have lost. But everybody should enjoy their birthday.

    Now stick to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey tess, im proung of you now before prom and after i have to work on myself as well i just need my dad help.

    ReplyDelete