Friday, July 2, 2010

You Say What.....Are You Freaking Kidding Me

So a couple of weeks ago on a sunny Tuesday afternoon, I was jamming my music and cruising down the street heading to VVCC (Lil Miss School) when I notice a police on a motorcycle cutting on his light.

Thinking I know I was not speeding, so he has to be getting the car that almost hit me and made me speed up to pass him all while honking my horn. I mean for surely he saw that! Right?

So I hit my brakes and in order to let him come out and he flags me to pass, just to pull out right behind me and toss on his lights. Are you freaking kidding me? You have to be kidding me?

Conversation goes like this:

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Um Nope I don't

Officer: You were going 47mph in a 30mph!

Me: Your kidding right? (thinking: Are you freaking kidding me)

Officer: Got your pertinent information.

Me: (thinking: My what?!?) Licence and Insurance, check. Here you go. (thinking: Just say licence and insurance, jerk)

Officer: Do you have on any corrective wear, like your contacts?

Me: Um nope, I'm I going to get a ticket for that too? (oops that slipped out)

Officer: No, but maybe that is why you didn't see the sign! (Thinking Double JERK!!)

Me: Well can I at least call my daughter school and let them know I am going to be late picking her up.

Officer: Give me a second to go back and print your ticket and I will let you make that call while I'm gone. (thinking: If you are just standing here writing, why come I can't call now.)

He goes back and come back with this:


Then he follows it up with: "Slow down and Enjoy the rest of your day! Again "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!"

Needless to say I will be taking defensive driving, but that is soooo not the point. I was so angry, but blessed. Reason being, this was a construction zone and the fines if there are workers are usually double and you can not take defensive driving. Meaning I would have had to pay $450+ and have a record. YUCK!! But my Father God in Heaven, after praying all night, let that officer put in that there was no construction going on at the time of the ticket. Lovely.

I am still out of about $150 for the class, the records to send in and the fee, but I can do it online and I have 90 days to complete a 4-6 hour course. Thank you God. So after 14 years of driving, I got my first speeding ticket and Pop's was all so ready to say "I told you to slow down".

P. S. Sorry the pictures are so poor, but they are done on the blackberry and I am to tired and sore to get up and get the camera.

P.S.S.S - I am not a cop hater, by no means do I really think they are jerks if they are doing their jobs HONESTLY! So please do not get mad, I was just having a really busted day, after getting pulled over that is...

1 comment:

  1. That stinks. I am sure it totally ruined your day. I'm not a cop hater either. I think they are awesome and do such great things, but a select few abuse their power at times.

    ReplyDelete